BizTimes Media’s 18th annual Commercial Real Estate and Development Conference will take a deep dive into the two dominant issues that have come to the forefront in 2020, COVID-19 and racial inequality, and how those issues affect the Milwaukee area real estate market.
The free conference, which will be held virtually on Thursday, Nov. 19, will consist of two panel discussions.
The first panel will discuss the short- and long-term impact of COVID-19 and this year’s work-from-home practices on the future of the southeastern Wisconsin office market. The panelists for that discussion will include:
- John Coury, founder of Detroit-based Crestlight Capital (co-owner of the Schlitz Park office complex)
- Josh Jeffers, president and CEO of Milwaukee-based J. Jeffers & Co.
- Heather Turner Loth, business development practice leader for Milwaukee-based Eppstein Uhen Architects
- Lyle Landowski, managing director and partner for Colliers International|Wisconsin
The second panel will discuss the need to attract more development to lower-income neighborhoods in Milwaukee and will explore the reasons that attracting development in those areas has been so difficult. The panelists for that discussion will include:
- Kevin Newell, president and CEO of Milwaukee-based Royal Capital Group LLC
- James Phelps, president of Milwaukee-based JCP Construction
- Barry Mandel, chairman and CEO of Milwaukee-based Mandel Group
- Ryan Pattee, president of Milwaukee-based Pattee Group
Click here to register to attend the virtual conference.