- Friday Aug. 6 through Tuesday, Aug. 10 All Saints Cathedral, 818 E. Juneau Ave., wil host its Hunger Book Sale. Proceeds go to local and world hunger funds including The Interchange Food Pantry, The Gathering, St. Ben’s Community Meals, All Saints’ Catholic Church, St. John’s Cathedral Open Door Cafe; Neighborhood House, Sojourner Family Peace Center, St. John’s Cathedral Women and Family Center, Aids Resource Center of Wisconsin, The Ecumenical Refugee Council, Salvation Army Summer Lunch Program, Milwaukee Rescue Mission, and Repairers of the Breach. For details visit www.ascathedral.org
- Saturday, Aug. 7 Milwaukee County will host its Purple Heart Day of Honor at the War Memorial Center, 750 N. Lincoln Memorial Dr.,.from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The event will honor the men and women who have received a Purple Heart medal of honor. This event is for all current and former Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen, Coastguardsmen, and Merchants Marines ever awarded the Purple Heart and their loved ones. The public is invited to attend. Archbishop Jerome Listecki, Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker, Secretary of Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs Ken Black, and Wisconsin Commander MOPH Bill Hustad will be giving remarks during the ceremony.
- Saturday, Aug. 14 The Milwaukee Urban League Young Professionals will host its summer fundraiser, the “Little Black Dress Affair. Formerly the White Linen Gala, the event will be held at MOCT, 240 E. Pittsburgh St., from 6 to 11 p.m. An awards ceremony honoring individuals that support the mission and vision of the City of Milwaukee, The Milwaukee Urban Leage and the Milwaukee Urban League Young professionals will also take place. Singer songwriter Patrice Downey will provide the evenings entertainment. Proceeds from the event support the Milwaukee Urban League Young Professional’s initiatives. Hors d’ oeuvres and complimentary drinks will be included. Cost to attend is $20 for members and $25 for nonmembers. To register visit www.tmulyp.org.
- Monday, Aug. 15 St. Aemilian Lakeside will hold its 22nd Annual Golf Invitational on at the Wisconsin Country Club, 6200 W. Good Hope Road from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The event will include a day of golf, lunch, dinner and a silent auction and raffle with fabulous prizes. Proceeds benefit children suffering from abuse and neglect and young people who are aging out of foster care. Foursomes start at $1,000. An individual golfer is $275. Dinner guests are welcome, at $75.To register, or for more information visit www.st-al.org or call Michelle Schuerman at 465-1386.
- Friday, Aug. 20 The Brewers wives will host a special VIP experience event at the Gehl Club in Miller Park before the Milwaukee Brewers take on the San Diego Padres. The event will begin at 5:30 p.m., proceeds from the event will support the Sojourner Family Peace Center’s programs designed to heal families suffering from domestic abuse.Guests can mingle with the Brewers’ wives and partners while enjoying ongoing activities including Brewers Trivia, a Gemstone Dig, raffle and a silent auction. Gene Mueller will emcee the event, which also includes premium, buffet-style food and beverages as well as Gehl Club seating for the game. Tickets for the event are $125 per person. To purchase tickets email email@example.com.
- Sunday, Aug. 15 Easter Seals of Southeast Wisconsin has teamed up with Hub Finanical to host the Great Food, Great Cause Fundraiser with Mimma Megna, owner of Mimma’s Café, 1307 E. Brady St., in Milwaukee from 4 to 9 p.m. One hundred percent of all proceeds from the event will benefit Easter Seals of Southeast Wisconsin’s programs and services for children with disabilities. The event will feature an assortment of Mimma’s Italian and Sicilian selections, and a wine tasting. Tickets are $50 per person, to register click here. Those who register before Monday, Aug. 9 will be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift certificate to Mimma’s Café donated by Mass Mutual Financial Group.
- Saturday, Aug. 28 The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin will host its Walk & Run for Wishes along Milwaukee’s Lakefront. The 5k walk, run and wheelchair raise will raise funds to help support the wishes of Wisconsin children. Vince Condella, chief meteorologist of WITI-TV FOX6 will serve as honorary chair. Guests will be able to enjoy live entertainment from The Screamin’ Cucumbers, face painting and a kids’ dash, all at the north end of the Henry W. Maier Festival Grounds. Interested participants can register at www.walkforwishes.com or by calling 800.236.WISH.
To view additional calendar items or to submit your own events please visit the BizTimes.com calendar