- Friday, Sept. 14, through Sunday, Sept. 16, the Milwaukee Brewers take on the New York Mets at Miller Park, 1 Brewers Way in Milwaukee. For information about game times and ticket prices, visit http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com.
- Saturday, Sept. 15, the 12th annual Milwaukee River Challenge will take over both the Milwaukee River and Menomonee River with dozens of collegiate and club rowing teams competing in a single leg 3-mile challenge. The race route starts at 25th and Canal streets on the Menomonee River, heads east to meet the Milwaukee River, and swings north to Schlitz Park just below Pleasant Street. Spectators will be able to catch the race on more than a dozen bridges by both rivers and can also find seating at riverside restaurants, Schlitz Park, the Milwaukee RiverWalk and the Harley-Davidson Museum. The event, free and open to the public, runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information, visit www.milwaukeeriverchallenge.com or contact Race Director Alyssa Remington at 608-658-6175 or email@example.com.
- Saturday, Sept. 15, the Bay View Bash will hit Kinnickinnic Avenue between Potter and Clement from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. The festival, which aims to be near zero waste, offers food, art, live music, crafts, dance performances and more. The community festival – Milwaukee’s largest all-volunteer street festival – primarily recruits local talent to perform. For more information about the event, visit www.bayviewbash.org.
- Saturday, Sept. 15, and Sunday, Sept. 16, Holy Hill Art & Farm Market will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Holy Hill Art Farm, 4958 Holy Hill Road in Hubertus, Wis. The market will include paintings, drawings and other works of art for sale from local artists as well as produce from local farmers and fresh gourmet kettle corn from Chippy’s Kettle Corn stand. The 38th annual Holy Hill Arts and Craft Fair at The Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians, at Holy Hill, 1525 Carmel Road in Hubertus, will also take place this weekend. For more information, visit http://holyhillmarket.com.
- Saturday, Sept. 15, and Sunday, Sept. 16, Cedarburg’s 40th annual Wine & Harvest Festival will be held in downtown Cedarburg. Free and open to the public, the festival features food booths, a farmer’s market, winery booths, live music, a scarecrow contest, a giant pumpkin charity regatta and kids’ activities. The event runs 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. For a lineup of events and vendor information, visit http://www.cedarburgfestivals.org/wineharvestfestival.html.
- Sunday, Sept. 16, Ride on the Wild Side Family Bike Ride will guide cyclists through the Milwaukee County Zoo, 10001 W. Blue Mound Road in Milwaukee. The event, organized by the Zoological Society of Milwaukee, features three bike routes – a kids’ 2.5-mile course through the Zoo and a 27-mile ride or 17-mile ride through the Zoo and through the Menomonee River Parkway on the Oak Leaf bike trail. The family event includes the ride, a continental breakfast, lunch, participant T-shirt, admission to the Zoo, parking, kids’ snacks and crafts. Riders must wear helmets. Check-in, walk-up registration and breakfast begin at 7 a.m. For information about ride fees, registration and a complete schedule, visit www.zoosociety.org.
No posts to display