Last updated on March 17th, 2020 at 01:38 pm
The deadline to submit nominations for BizTimes Milwaukee’s annual Health Care Heroes Awards has been extended. They are now due on Friday, Oct. 25.
The Health Care Heroes awards salute the accomplishments of people and organizations in southeastern Wisconsin who are making a positive difference on the front lines of health care.
Winners of the Health Care Heroes Awards will be honored at an awards breakfast event on Friday, Dec. 13, at the Italian Community Center in Milwaukee. M3 Insurance is the sponsor for the event.
Award categories include:
- Advancement in Health Care: Honors a company or individual primarily responsible for a scientific discovery or for the development of a new medical product or procedure.
- Behavioral Health: Honors an individual or an organization for their leadership, commitment and care on behavioral health issues.
- Community Service: Honors an individual or an organization for leadership in focusing on solving a particular health care issue.
- Corporate Achievement in Health Care: Honors a company or organization that has successfully implemented an innovative health care product, process or service.
- Executive Leadership: Honors a senior-level individual who demonstrates strong skills in leading their organization in quality care, collaboration and financial management.
- First Responder: Honors a person who arrived on the scene of a health care emergency utilizing their training to treat and comfort the patient in need.
- Health Care Staff: Honors an individual who has made a significant difference in the well-being of others.
- Nurse: Honors an individual from the nursing field whose performance on the job is considered exemplary by patients, peers and physicians.
- Physician: Honors a physician whose performance on the job is considered exemplary by patients and peers.
- Volunteer: Honors an individual who has done volunteer work for the good of one or more people or the entire community.
Click here to submit a Health Care Heroes Awards nomination.