Last updated on March 17th, 2020 at 01:33 pm
This 1932 photo by Henry Hunter shows the St. Charles Hotel the year it was razed. The hotel was built in 1858 and bought by Pabst in 1895. The brewer expanded and remodeled it before selling it in 1923. It closed after a prohibition raid in 1928. The Henry Bergh statue in the foreground was eventually moved to the Wisconsin Humane Society. The new BMO Harris Tower is currently being built at this site in downtown Milwaukee.