Federal courthouse

Glance at Yesteryear

Turkal

This photo, taken by James Conklin circa 1936, shows downtown Milwaukee looking east. The U.S. Federal Building and Courthouse can be seen, with its distinctive pointed granite tower, in the center of the photo. Constructed from 1892-1899 in the Romanesque Revival style, the building at 515-519 E. Wisconsin Ave. is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Today, it houses the U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.

This photo is from the Milwaukee Public Museum’s Photo Archives collection. Additional images can be viewed online at www.mpm.edu.

Sign up for BizTimes Daily Alerts

Stay up-to-date on the people, companies and issues that impact business in Milwaukee and Southeast Wisconsin

No posts to display