Upcoming networking opportunities and events you should know about
- Thursday, Sept. 10 Downtown Milwaukee’s, 3rd Annual Milwaukee Plein Air art competition. Artists have eight days to capture the essence of downtown Milwaukee with their brush. After judging the art will be on sale Friday, Sept. 18 and Saturday, Sept. 19 at 610 N. Water St.
- Friday, Sept. 11 through Tuesday, Sept. 15 the 55th Annual International Downtown Association Conference. The five day conference will host workshops and roundtable discussions from individuals like Chris Leinberger of the Brookings Institutions who will discuss, The transportation and Climate Bills and Their Impact on Downturns; Rebecca Ryan of Next Generation Consulting who will discuss Attracting and Retaining the Next Generation Downtowns Need; Leo Brideau of Columbia St. Mary’s who will speak about Hospitals as Downtown Anchors and John Schallert of Destination Downtown. To register visit www.ida-downtown.org.
- Monday, Sept. 14 MKELive will introduce its new website at the LinkedIn Milwaukee event at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 10499 Innovation Drive in Wauwatosa from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. The event is being considered a Favre-free networking zone, and admission, normally $10, is free for those wearing Green Bay Packer apparel. Attendees are encouraged to pre-register at www.mkelive.com/calendar
- Thursday, Sept. 17 YP Impact presents After5 Networking at Suite Milwaukee, 1103 N. Old World Third St., from 6 to 9 p.m. Complimentary appetizers & a cash bar will be available. Bring your business cards & come ready to network & socialize with other metro-Milwaukee area young professionals. Please rsvp on LinkedIn, Facebook or at www.ypimpact.org.
- Tuesday, Sept. 29 UW-Milwaukee Lubar School’s Marshall & Ilsley Center for Business Ethics, business ethics speaker series featuring Frank Casey, president of Fortune-USA on the Topic An Insider’s View of the Bernie Madoff Scandal from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Pfister Hotel, Milwaukee. Cost to attend is $40 per person and includes lunch. Register online at www.lubarevents.uwm.edu
- Saturday, Sept. 26 The first Milwaukee Startup Accelerator at the Technology Innovation Center at the Milwaukee County Research Park, 10437 W. Innovation Drive Wauwatosa from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The ‘unconference’ for entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, marketers, creative people, IT people Engineers and project managers will focus on key components to starting a business or venture.