Last updated on July 2nd, 2019 at 09:58 am
A few upcoming networking opportunities and events you should know about
- Thursday, April 22 Mount Mary College Women’s Leadership Institute will present its Spring Forum, “The Face of Success- Ethical and Courageous Leadership” from 4 to 7 p.m. in the Gerhardinger Center, room 109 at 2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway. The forum will explore courageous and ethical decisions professional women have had to make along their leadership paths, and how those decisions impacted their career advancement. JoAnne Brandes, attorney and former JohnsonDiversey executive, will present the keynote. A “Women of Transformation” alumnae panel representing Mount Mary business graduates in banking, law, marketing, healthcare, nonprofit management, and nontraditional careers such as positions with the Milwaukee Crime Lab and the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the U.S. Pentagon, will also be presented. Cost to attend is $25 per person or $40 for two To register, or to obtain more information about the program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-443-3631.
- Thursday, April 22 BIG Milwaukee Tweetup will be held at Swig Milwaukee, 217 N. Broadway St. beginning at 5:30 p.m. The event will feature a cash bar and heavy appetizers. The event is free to attend, but pre-registration is encouraged. Register by visiting www.identify-yourself.com
- Wednesday, April 28, and Thursday, April 29, BizTimes Media presents its annual BizTech Conference and Expo at the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park. Come experience the largest business to business expo in the region, and hear insights from the region’s most innovative leaders during five keynote events, more than 40 business strategy seminars and more than 200 exhibitors. For details and more information visit www.biztimes.com/expo2010.
- Wednesday, April 28 Jannsen & Co will host a seminar entitled “Savvy Social Security Planning,” at the Jannsen Center, W239-N3490 Pewaukee Road at 7:30 a.m. The seminar will examine how payments are calculated and the effect of other income on benefits. The seminar is free, but attendees are asked to donate $10 to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Reservations are requested, and can be made by calling Darlene at (262) 513-9292
- Thursday, April 29, The Annual BMA Bell Awards Ceremony will take place at the Bell Lounge at Potawatomi Bingo & Casino in Milwaukee, beginning at 5 p.m. For more information or to register for the event visit bmabellawards.com
- Thursday, May 13 through Sunday, May 15th, UnGeeked Elite, a Nationwide Marketing and Branding Event will be held at the Pfister Hotel in downtown Milwaukee. The event will feature eight social media gurus and mavens including: Chris Brogan, Jason Falls, Sally Hogshead, Olivier Blanchard, Hubspot, Visible Technologies, Dan Schawbel and Scott Stratten. Cost to attend the event is $550 for three days or $250 for one day. Cost includes, breakfast, lunch, books by Brogan, Hogshead and Stratten. For more information visit: http://budurl.com/UnGeekedMay2010