BrightStar Wisconsin Foundation Inc. has elected five members to its investment committee.
- Pam Evason, CPA, CFA, managing director of Windermere Wealth Advisors LLC
- Lisa Johnson, vice president of Wisconsin Economic Development Corp.
- Daniel Matola, CFA, chief investment officer at Jacobus Wealth Management Inc.
- Dan Shannon, senior vice president of Fidelity National Information Services Inc.
- Andy Shrago, co-manager of Wisconsin Investment Partners LLC
The recently formed nonprofit, based in Milwaukee, raises funds for early stage companies through philanthropy. It already has five of its eight founding donors on the committee.
The group of 10 will begin choosing early stage companies for investments at its first meeting, on January 21.
“The addition of these outstanding individuals to our investment committee completes a great team with some of our experienced angel founders,” said Todd Sobotka, chairman of BrightStar’s investment committee. “Our five new investment committee members have excellent backgrounds, including portfolio management, executive, and mergers and acquisitions experience. Our investment team has the experience to vet nearly any type of opportunity that arises.”
BrightStar has $6 million raised, and plans to gather another $60 million in donations over the next three years. It aims to generate economic growth and job creation, and earnings and returns from its portfolio companies are reinvested in the mission.