BizTimes Milwaukee is seeking nominations for the 2010 Bravo! Entrepreneur Awards, which salute dynamic company leaders who demonstrate the best traits of entrepreneurship, including innovation, the willingness to take risk and resilience during the Great Recession.
To be considered, the entrepreneur must be part of a closely-held company that has been in business for a minimum of one year and has a minimum of $1.5 million in annual sales.
- Entrepreneur must be the founder of the business or have been critical to its growth.
- Company must be based in or have been founded in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington, Sheboygan, Racine, Kenosha or Walworth counties.
- Company must show vision, risk and creativity.
- Company must be profitable.
- Entrepreneur should contribute to the community through charitable or leadership roles.
- Entrepreneur should demonstrate strong corporate culture.
- Company should have demonstrated significant growth and long-term potential.
- Committee may honor a separate individual, in addition to the founder, if deemed appropriate.
- Company must have a significant presence in southeastern Wisconsin.
- Company should be active in local business groups.
- Company should demonstrate a commitment to regionalization of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy through strong business activities in the region.
- Company should promote charitable and civic causes.
- Company should work to build the region’s workforce and enhance its quality of life.
- Company should demonstrate commitment to purchase, when possible, significant amount of goods and services from local vendors, thereby contributing to a new level of entrepreneurship.
- Nominees should have long, demonstrated track records of entrepreneurial success, strong leadership skills and business innovations.
- Lifetime Achievement winner should have contributed greatly to the growth of the southeastern Wisconsin business community for at least one decade.
- Winner should provide inspiration to younger entrepreneurs by examples of risk-taking, community-mindedness and success.
- Winner should have realized outstanding achievements in business or development of the region’s economy.
The winners of the Bravo! Entrepreneur Awards will be featured in an upcoming edition of BizTimes Milwaukee and will be honored at an awards luncheon on Thursday, April 29, at the sixth annual BizTech Conference & Expo to be held at the Wisconsin State Fair Park.