Last updated on July 15th, 2021 at 02:11 pm
The Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce has named 15 companies as finalists for the 2021 Focus on the Future awards.
Winning companies in five categories will be honored in five categories: Talent, growth, equity, innovation and livability. The winners will be announced during a luncheon on Sept. 24 at the Italian Community Center. Another 34 companies are receiving honorable mention recognition.
“At MMAC, we’re inspired by the examples of innovation, resilience and success we hear from Milwaukee region companies and their employees every day. It’s our honor to recognize some of those stories in this year’s Focus on the Future awards,” said Stephanie Hall, vice president of membership and small business at MMAC.
BizTimes is a media partner of the Focus on the Future program, which is sponsored by First Midwest Bank.
The talent category recognizes companies improving retention rates, cultivating a cohesive company culture, upskilling employees or with other unique workforce accomplishments.
Finalists in this category include:
- Beyond Vision
- Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin & Upper Michigan
- MKE Tech Hub Coalition
Honorable mention companies in the talent category include:
- American Companies (American Construction Services Inc. & American Architectural Group Inc.)
- Eaton Corp.
- Excel Legacy Group, LLC
- Frontdesk, Inc.
- R&R Insurance Services, Inc.
- Spectrum Investment Advisors
The growth category recognizes the success of companies finding new opportunities, entering new markets or developing new products.
Finalists in the growth category include
- Gross Automation LLC
- Wisconsin Center District
Honorable mention companies in the growth category include:
- Artery Ink
- DataComm Plus
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- Great Lakes Roofing Corporation
- Hunger Task Force
- Pattyn North America, Inc.
- Smart Spaces
- TopLine Results Corporation
The equity category recognizes companies addressing racial disparities, one of the Milwaukee region’s biggest challenges, through the attraction of a diverse workforce and cultivation of an inclusive workplace culture.
Finalists in the equity category include:
- Alverno College
- Good Karma Brands/101.7 The Truth
- Podcast Town
Honorable mention companies in the equity category include:
- Apple Spice Box Lunch and Catering Company
- Centers for Independence
- College Possible Milwaukee
- Rivera & Associates, Inc.
- VISIT Milwaukee
The innovations category recognizes companies for bringing big ideas to market.
Finalists in the category include:
- Arch Electric Inc.
- Captive Exhibits
Honorable mention companies include:
- WorkShift, Inc.
The livability category recognizes companies helping to make metro Milwaukee a better place to live, work, play and learn through products and services.
- The Dohmen Company Foundation
- Milwaukee Continuum of Care
- St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care
Honorable mention companies in the livability include:
- Ellenbecker Investment Group
- Eppstein Uhen Architects
- ERTH Dispensary | ERTH CBD
- KristinAdvising – Defining Leaders
- Snip Internet, LLC.
- The Hounds & Tap
- Walden Production Resources, Inc.