A new full-service Mexican restaurant and bar, called Wrestling Taco, has been proposed in West Allis.
Wrestling Taco would occupy the former Wisconsin Pizza Authorityat 1606 S. 84th St., according to city documents. Prior to that, the space housed a Summit Credit Union branch.
The 3,153-square-foot space is located in a multi-tenant commercial building, which previously housed Johnny V's Classic Cafe. The longtime restaurant closed last May, and a new concept, 84th Classic Cafe, recently opened in that space.
Nicole DeBack is listed as the owner of Wrestling Taco. She expects dine-in business to generate 80% of total sales and carryout to make up the remaining 20%. Wrestling Taco would gradually hire six to seven people. The DeBack family has previous experience operating a local tavern, according to city documents.
Prior to closing its West Allis location last year, Wisconsin Pizza Authority had built a new kitchen and dining area in the space. DeBack plans to add a new central bar and remove a few interior walls to open the layout. The restaurant will have a total seating capacity of 68, which includes its private party room.
Plans for Wrestling Taco will be reviewed by the West Allis Plan Commission on March 24, followed by a Common Council public hearing regarding a special use permit application on April 7.
The restaurant's proposed hours of operation are weekdays 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 1 a.m. and Sunday: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Read the March 8 issue of BizTimes Milwaukee here: