Chief operating officer | Heritage Senior Living LLC
7901 W. National Ave., West Allis
Industry: Senior living
- He grew up in Limoges, France, where most of his extended family still lives, and where he tries to visit twice a year.
- His father was a hospital administrator at a nursing home, so Verger was exposed to the senior care industry as a young child.
- Since then, he said, senior living communities have changed drastically – for the better.
- “Care has become much more technical, the layout of the building has become more important for seniors, as well as the training of the staff and the acute care program…We know much more.”
- Verger, 41, didn’t always want to follow in his father’s footsteps. “When I was 18, I ran away, and when I say ‘ran away,’ I mean I took a completely different route to study hotel and restaurant management.”
- His studies led him to the U.S. to work in hospitality and later back to France, where he opened his own hotel and restaurant. He still enjoys fine dining and wine.
- He returned to the health care industry in 2009 and joined Heritage in 2016, moving to Milwaukee with his family.
- The future of senior living is unclear, but to Verger, it will need motivated, open-minded professionals and globally-driven solutions. “The answer is all over the world because all people try to take care of their grandparents and seniors the best they can.”
- He likes his espresso in a porcelain cup.