Chorus Community Health Plans is a Children’s Wisconsin affiliated HMO (health maintenance organization) that insures more than 170,000 Wisconsin residents, including 155,000 adults and children in the BadgerCare (Medicaid) program.
When COVID-19 vaccination rates among CCHP members were near zero, CCHP set a goal to reach and vaccinate 40% of its members by the end of 2021.
CCHP partnered with Health Connections Inc., a community-based health care provider to hold 55 COVID-19 vaccination clinics in 2021. A total of 2,200 vaccines were administered. CCHP surpassed its goal with 42.5% of CCHP adult Medicaid members receiving the full vaccine series. An additional 5% received one dose, making overall vaccination status among CCHP’s Medicaid members 47.5%.
In 2022, as new members have joined CCHP and vaccines have been approved for the youngest populations, CCHP and HCI have continued the mobile vaccine clinics in areas with the highest vaccine disparities.
To date, they have hosted more than 80 clinics and more than 2,235 children and adults have recieved the COVID-19 vaccination.