The Hal's Harley-Davidson dealership property in New Berlin was sold recently to a Tyson’s Corner, Va.-based real estate investment firm for $5.5 million.
Car Brd Wi Berlin LLC purchased the dealership site, located at 1925 S. Moorland Road, from Topel Building Company L.P. The buyer is registered to Capital Automotive Real Estate Services, Inc. According to the company’s website, Capital Automotive assists dealers in “growing their organizations, acquiring new locations, upgrading existing facilities, constructing new stores, and facilitating estate planning and partner buyouts.”
A representative from Capital Automotive declined to comment.
Hal's Harley-Davidson was started in 1959, as J&S Cycles in West Allis by John and Sharon Sekulich.
The business moved to 167th and Cleveland in New Berlin in 1965. It moved to the current location in 2001. Hal Topel acquired the dealership in 1978, and changed its name to Hal’s Harley-Davidson.
In June, the dealership was sold to Sara Pomeroy. Kirk Topel, Hal's son, still serves as the company's president, according the company's website. Kirk Topel and the company’s spokesperson could not be reached for comment.