This photo is believed to show glass blowers at William Franzen & Son around 1900. The company was originally called Northern Glass Works. Located at 2300 S. Chase Ave. on Milwaukee’s south side, the business made glass bottles primarily for Milwaukee breweries. It went out of business during Prohibition.
— This photo is from the Milwaukee Public Museum’s Photo Archives collection. Additional images can be viewed online at www.mpm.edu.