BizTimes Media is adding a second panel discussion to the lineup of events at the BizTimes 2013 Manufacturing Summit, which will take place Wednesday, Oct. 9, from 7:30 to 9:45 a.m. at the Wisconsin State Fair Exposition Center.
BizTimes invites executives from manufacturing companies throughout Wisconsin to attend the conference.
The second panel for will examine the latest and great trends in manufacturing, including logistics, inventory control, financing growth, human resource development, quality control, family business and ownership transitioning issues, lean manufacturing, marketing and more.
The panel of speakers will include:
- David Bahl, president of Weldall Manufacturing Inc., Waukesha.
- Judie Taylor, president of Dueco Inc., Waukesha.
- Bob Adikes, chief executive officer of Axcesor Inc., Grafton.
- Penny Foust, vice president and director of treasury management, Bank Mutual Corp., Brown Deer.
- Kevin Helmer, lean consultant at Schenck, Milwaukee.
That panel discussion will follow the opening panel discussion, which will focus on “Design Thinking For Manufacturers.” The opening panel discussion will explore the elements of design thinking, an approach to problem solving that helps companies enhance their products and services by exploring a wide net of innovative ideas – some that might appear logical and others that appear anything but.
The Design Thinking panel will include:
- John Caruso, associate professor of industrial design at the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design (MIAD) and a nationally known expert on design thinking.
- Bob Schwartz, general manager of global design and user experience at Waukesha-based GE Healthcare.
- Michael Warsaw, vice president of global innovation and design at Glendale-based Johnson Controls Inc.
- Steven Dyer, president and chief executive officer of Lake Geneva-based Trostel Ltd.,
- Jeff Zeiler, vice president of global product innovation for research and development at Wauwatosa-based Briggs & Stratton Corp.
Both panel discussions will be moderated by BizTimes executive editor Steve Jagler.
The BizTimes Manufacturing Summit will be held during the Wisconsin Manufacturing & Technology Show. To register to attend the BizTimes Manufacturing Summit, visit www.biztimes.com/mfg