Manufacturers face an ever increasing series of challenges as they navigate today’s business environment.
Globalization brings increased competition along with new opportunities for sales. The looming retirement of baby boomers threatens to take decades of experience off the shop floor, but it also presents opportunities for a new generation. Technology offers the chance to improve productivity and consistency, but connected devices also add potential security threats.
To help manufacturers address their toughest challenges, BizTimes Media and the Milwaukee 7 are partnering to present the Next Generation Manufacturing Summit.
Registration is currently open for the event
, which will run from 7 a.m. to 10:45 a.m Oct. 6 at Quad/Graphics in Sussex.
A number of spots are reserved for manufacturers looking to improve their operations and prepare for the challenges of tomorrow.
The event will feature a panel discussion with Joel Quadracci, Quad/Graphics
chairman, president and chief executive officer, Alan Antoniewicz, Spancrete Group, Inc.
president and chief operating officer and Michael Reader, president of Precision Plus
[caption id="attachment_149733" align="alignright" width="176"]
Joseph Weitzer, dean of the Center for Business Performance Solutions
at Waukesha County Technical College, will moderate the panel.
, U.S. Commerce department assistant secretary for economic development, will be the guest speaker.
A series of roundtable discussions will also be held with experts presenting and leading discussion. Roundtable topics include:
- Achieving Operational Excellence with your Team
- Building a Healthy Workplace Culture, While Improving your Bottom Line
- Business Succession Planning; Is an ESOP Right for You?
- Closely Held Businesses: Achieving Next-Generation Innovation
- Design for Additive Manufacturing (DFAM): Is it Achievable With Today’s CAD Systems?
- Driving Profitable Growth in Your Company
- Growing Your Talent Pipeline Through Career-Based Learning
- Growth Through Exports
- Inspirational Leadership & Creating a Culture of Growth & Continuous Improvement
- Optimizing your Talent Management Investment: Best Practices for Recruitment and Retention
- Protecting Your Company From Cyber Security Threats
- Risk Management – Supply Chain Strategy
- Sales: Prospecting & Closing
- Strategic Growth Through Tax Incentives
- The Art of the Deal: Be a Process Setter, Not a Process Taker to Achieve Success in Negotiations
- Working Capital Guarantee Programs for Global Trade Finance
to learn more or to register to attend the Next Generation Manufacturing Summit.