Sheboygan County 2035
Last updated on June 2nd, 2022 at 12:46 pm
Growing an already global community
Complimentary Event / Registration Required
Sheboygan County is home to world-class hospitality venues and global companies, but to grow and retain both in the coming decades, the county will need a workforce to support its growing economy. Join us June 15 for an opportunity to make progress on these fronts by providing time to step back and look at the long-term picture.
- Dan Meyer, Publisher/Owner, BizTimes Media
- Brian Doudna, Executive Director, Sheboygan County Economic Development Corp. (1)
- Don Hammond, SCEDC Board Officer, Executive Vice President, Mersberger Financial Group (2)
- Chad Pelishek, Director of Planning and Development, City of Sheboygan (3)
- Sig Strautmanis, Co-Developer, General Capital Group (4)
- Bob Werner, President, Werner Homes (5)
- Beth Borgen, President, Lakeland University (7)
- Michael Klein, Vice President Human Resources, Bemis Manufacturing Co. (8)
- Christine Loose, Vice President of Lodging & Wellness, Kohler (9)
- Grant Pauly, Founder & Brewmaster, 3 Sheeps Brewing Company (10)
The panels will be followed by breakout sessions on innovation, workforce health, and removing hurdles to workforce participation.
Top health care trends that will impact your business
Health care is changing. Gain insights into how consumerism, digital health and new models of care delivery will impact your business today and in the future.
- Mark Behl, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Froedtert Health
The mental health frontier
Join this session to learn about innovative mental health services in our community. Attendees will have an opportunity to discuss the future of our community’s mental health and brainstorm areas for growth to address the on-going mental health challenges faced by individuals, families, and systems of care.
- Kate S. Baer, M.A., Executive Director, United Way of Sheboygan County
Childcare challenges and possible solutions
Adequate childcare within the county is one of the major challenges impacting employees and employers in the region. Join his session to learn about the current state of childcare and the barriers in the childcare industry and possible solutions that could work in Sheboygan County.
- Gina Covelli, Director of Community Impact, United Way of Sheboygan County
- Colleen Steinbruecker, Executive Director, Family Connections, Inc.
Innovation – programming supporting start ups
Sheboygan County is known for its generational companies and for innovations in product development. Building from this strong foundation, this panel will talk about the support services and future programming intended to build the next generation of companies and products.
- Beth Borgen, President, Lakeland University
- Brian Doudna, Executive Director, Sheboygan County Economic Development Corp. (SCEDC)
- Jamie Schramm, Campus Executive Officer, UW-Green Bay, Sheboygan Campus