Commercial Real Estate and Development Conference
The annual Commercial Real Estate and Development Conference, presented by BizTimes Milwaukee, Marquette University’s Bell Real Estate Program and the Commercial Association of Realtors Wisconsin (CARW), is southeastern Wisconsin’s premier networking and information event for the industry. This conference examines the latest trends in commercial real estate and development and explores the possibilities for the year ahead.
ATTRACTING THE NATIONAL DOLLAR
In recent years a rising number of out-of-state national commercial real estate firms have made major investments in southeastern Wisconsin. Who are these national players coming in to our region? What are their plans for the properties they have acquired here? What is it that has attracted them to this marketplace?
Those questions, and others, were answered at the 13th annual BizTimes Milwaukee Commercial Real Estate and Development Conference. The event featured a panel discussion of national commercial real estate investors who are doing big deals in southeastern Wisconsin.
- Richard Aaronson, president and co-founder of Atlanta-based Atlantic Realty Partners. The firm is building a 443-unit apartment development in Milwaukee, and plans to build a 236-unit apartment development in Wauwatosa and a 195-unit apartment development in Brookfield.
- Matt Garrison, managing principal of Chicago-based R2 Companies. The firm recently purchased the 1.1 million-square-foot, four-story U.S. Post Office complex in downtown Milwaukee for $13.1 million.
- Stephen Kanoff, founding partner, director and chief investment officer of Dallas based Westmount Realty Capital LLC. Earlier this year the firm acquired a portfolio of 10 industrial buildings in the metro Milwaukee area for about $61 million.
- Christopher Ressa, senior vice president of leasing for the Northeast and Midwest for Tarrytown, N.Y.-based DLC Management Corp. Last year the firm purchased the Midtown Center shopping center in Milwaukee for $47 million.
- Scott Stahr, co-founder and principal of Chicago-based Fulcrum Asset Advisors. As part of a joint venture, the firm acquired the 20-story 250 Plaza office building in downtown Milwaukee this year, and plans to make significant upgrades. In 2011, the firm acquired four office buildings in Brookfield, with a total of 338,424 square feet of space, for about $41 million.
- Dr. Mark Eppli, professor of finance and Robert B. Bell Sr. Chair in Real Estate at Marquette University.
- Thursday, November 19, 2015
- 7:30 – 9:30 AM
- Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Interested in sponsoring an event? To reap the benefits of the ultimate in-person marketing opportunity contact Linda Crawford, Director of Sales, to discuss opportunities. Event sponsorships are limited.