The Milwaukee business community has a history of innovative entrepreneurship—companies determined to be industry disruptors. Current Electric has embraced being a renegade since its inception.
“We started Current Electric in 1983 to help our neighbors with their electrical needs by providing quality service for a fair price,” explains Chuck Smith, president of Current Electric. “I also dreamed we would be an educational foundation within the electrical industry.”
As small business owners, like Smith, strategize to stay at the top of their industries, they invest in discovering industry best practices and consistent team-building exercises.
“To stay at the forefront, we deeply invest in team training to improve our customer experience,” says Smith. “When discussing the next phase of electrical we speak highly about solar, LED lighting, and backup electrical systems keeping our team members and community energized and illuminated.”
Current Electric started being a renegade solar installer 20 years ago when solar made no economic sense. Now solar energy is a business opportunity that reaps on-balance and off-balance sheet benefits. A solar photovoltaic investment:
- Increases the value of a business
- Creates tremendous cash flow and EBITDA improvements
- Lowers operational costs, and locks rates in for 30+ years
- Produces annual dividends between 10% and 20+%
- Yields an increased value for a business for sale
It is a great opportunity for portfolio diversification with a significant and steady return on investment. It also serves as a best practices tool for marketing, sales, and recruitment.
- Businesses investing in solar grow faster on average.
- Mega trends point to customers preferring sustainability minded businesses.
- Businesses invested in solar have better employee retention.
- Businesses invested in solar have an advantage recruiting new employees.
Smith believes the Current Electric legacy is to create a sustainable future for the community and the environment. As he strategizes ways to keep his small business at the forefront of the electrical industry, he encourages small business owners to evaluate how solar energy can help them excel in their respective industries and support their future growth and success.
Visit currentelectricco.com/solar/commercial-solar to learn more about Current Electric’s commercial solar services.
2942 N 117th St., Wauwatosa, WI 53222
(262) 214-5598 • currentelectricco.com