Opus Development Corporation’s Milwaukee Office in partnership with the Opus Foundation has awarded more than $100,000 to ten southeastern Wisconsin organizations. The funds will support programs focused on youth development, early childhood education, workforce and employment training as well as community revitalization.
“Community stewardship has been at the very core of the Opus organization since it was founded in 1953,” said Julie Ledger, vice president and general manager of Opus Development Corporation’s Milwaukee Office. “Through the Opus Foundation, we invest in the nonprofit organizations that are improving the communities in which we live and work.”
Opus Development Corporation, a subsidiary of the Opus Group, is a full service real estate development and design-build firm.
Grants were awarded through The Opus Impact Fund which supports strategic investments in human and community development and awards grants of $25,000 – $100,000; as well as The Opus Opportunity Fund which is designed to meet pressing and emerging needs in Opus communities and provides grants of $1,000 – $5,000.
Organization’s receiving grants include:
- Milwaukee Community Service Corps- $35,000
- Girl Scouts of Southeastern Wisconsin- $25,000
- Rebuilding Together- $25,000
- American Heart Association- $5,000
- Milwaukee Montessori School- $5,000
- Real Estate Alliance for Charity- $5,000
- Lutheran Home, Inc.- $3,900
- Carroll University Community Garden- $3,000
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee- $1,430
- Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin- $1,000