Next Generation Manufacturing Summit
The annual Next Generation Manufacturing Summit, presented by BizTimes Media, features an exciting interactive discussion with chief executive officers of southeastern Wisconsin companies. The CEOs will share their companies’ best operational strategies and discuss their solutions for competing in a global marketplace.
Growing through ups and downs
The past few years have been full of challenges with more uncertainty on the horizon, but Wisconsin manufacturers have a unique ability to handle whatever the world throws at them. It would be easy to think of recent years as once-in-a-lifetime challenges, but the truth is there are always lessons to be learned. Learn from leaders who have faced challenges, diagnosed the issues, identified what is within their control, and found a solution to move forward at the BizTimes Next Generation Manufacturing Summit. Manufacturers from across the region will share insights on how their companies have navigated the past few years, digging into operational challenges and rolling up their sleeves to determine the strategic path forward.
- Tom Danneker, President & CEO, Glenroy (1)
- Benjamin Gover, Chief Operating Officer, Glenn Rieder (2)
- Pat Koppa, President, PFlow Industries (3)
- JP Moran, President, LMI Packaging Solutions, Inc. (4)
- Sachin Shivaram, CEO, Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry Co. Inc. (5)
The educational program concludes with breakout sessions on improving your business with sustainability, leadership strategies for preventing federal penalties, and a closer look at manufacturing in southeast Wisconsin. Stay to network and mingle over cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
Leadership Strategies for Preventing Federal Penalties
In an era of skyrocketing inflation and costs, OSHA penalties are not exempt from the list of rising, uninsurable financial risks. These penalties add insult to injury and don’t correct the root issue that led to the incident. This session will:
- Provide historical context and reasons for inflation’s impact on penalties
- Provide strategy and tactics on how to manage an effective safety program that will send employees home safely and avoid OSHA liability
- Provide guidance and recommendation for mitigation and triage if a federal inspection occurs
- Timothy Walsh, Vice President and Casualty Loss Control Engineer, Brown & Brown of Wisconsin
- Dan Maier, Senior Safety Manager, Palermos Pizza
Improving Your Business with Sustainability
You can’t manage what you don’t measure. This session will focus on the business case for sustainability and the basics of how tracking and measuring data across business systems can help you identify areas of improvement and cost savings. We will use a case study to share cost savings potential. We will discuss the Wisconsin Sustainability Business Council’s Green Master’s Program as a tool to help you create more efficient systems across your business in the areas of waste, water, energy, greenhouse gas, transportation, supply chain, workforce, and governance.
- Jessy Servi Ortiz, Managing Director, Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council (WSBC)
- Patrick Cain, VP of Operations, General Plastics
Manufacturing in Southeastern Wisconsin: A Closer Look
Join Dave Anderson and manufacturing company leaders as they further discuss the outlook for manufacturers in southeast Wisconsin and more closely examine supply chain disruption, labor force questions, inflation worries and global trade risk, along with predictions for the coming year. Participants will also gain broader perspectives on fiscal, monetary and trade policies that may shape larger trends in the manufacturing industry.
- Tom Danneker, President & CEO, Glenroy
- Benjamin Gover, Chief Operating Officer, Glenn Rieder
- Pat Koppa, President, PFlow Industries
- JP Moran, President, LMI Packaging Solutions, Inc.
- Sachin Shivaram, CEO, Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry Co. Inc.
Moderator: Dave Anderson, Senior Vice President – Managing Director, Head of Commercial Banking, Southeastern Wisconsin, BMO Harris Bank
Tuesday, October 11, 2022
Brookfield Conference Center
Interested in sponsoring an event? To reap the benefits of the ultimate in-person marketing opportunity contact Linda Crawford, Director of Sales, to discuss opportunities. Event sponsorships are limited.