Next Generation Manufacturing Summit
The annual Next Generation Manufacturing Summit, presented by BizTimes Media, features an exciting interactive discussion with chief executive officers of southeastern Wisconsin companies. The CEOs will share their companies’ best operational strategies and discuss their solutions for competing in a global marketplace.
Unlocking Success in Your Company: It’s more than Tariffs, Technology and Talent
Success in manufacturing requires more than dealing with and navigating through the everyday challenges facing manufacturers in southeastern Wisconsin. It also requires good leadership, a clear vision, a commitment to innovation and much more.
The Next Generation Manufacturing Summit held on Oct. 4, featured presentations and a panel discussion from CEOs of southeastern Wisconsin based manufacturing companies. These CEO’s shared their company’s strategies for success, along with the whys behind their best practices for competing in a global marketplace and how they strive to be world-class manufacturers in the 21st century.
After the CEO panel, the program continued with roundtable discussions.
Moderated Panel (7:45 AM – 9:00 AM):
- Aaron Jagdfeld – President & CEO – Generac (1)
- Keith Coursin – President – Desert Aire (2)
- Paul Woelbing – President – Carma Laboratories, Inc. (3)
- Rich Simonson – COO – Carma Laboratories, Inc. (4)
- Frank Carroll – President & CEO – Broan-NuTone (5)
Moderator: Arthur Thomas, manufacturing reporter, BizTimes Milwaukee (6)
Roundtable Forum (9:00 AM – 11:00 AM): This portion of the program comprised of four 25-minute session discussions held at 13 tables. A content expert was a table host, presenter and discussion leader.
1. Best Practices for Building Expansions
Session Leader: Michael Van Someren, Associate, Davis & Kuelthau
2. Best practices for successful product development and innovation
Session Leader: Dave Vedder, Vice President of Engineering & Technology, GSC
3. Best Practices in Transitioning to the Next Generation: The Entrepreneurial Lifecycle
Session Leader: Lisa Horn, Senior Manager – Operations Consulting, Schenck SC
4. Talent attraction is an offensive game
Session Leader: Angela Damiani, Co-Founder & CEO, NEWaukee
5. Industry 4.0: The Future is Here
Session Leader: Doug Fisher, Ph. D., Assistant Professor & Director – Center for Supply Chain Management, Marquette University-College of Business Administration
6. Transformational Productivity
Session Leaders: Randy Bertram, Director of Sustainability Services, Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership (WMEP); Carol Crawford, Senior Consultant: Operational Excellence, Supply Chain, Wisconsin, Manufacturing Extension Partnership (WMEP)
7. Navigating Employment Laws Unique to Hiring Veterans
Session Leader: Laurie Meyer, Shareholder, Davis & Kuelthau
8. Turn Export Efforts Into Export Revenues: Best Practices to Fast-Track to ROI
Session Leaders: Rich Simonson, Chief Operating Officer, Carma Laboratories; Roxanne Baumann, Director of Global Engagement, Wisconsin, Manufacturing Extesion Partnership (WMEP); Katrina Goetz, CFO, TLX Technologies
9. 3 Ways for Manufacturers to Stay Ahead of Disruption
Speaker: Nicole Hallada, Vice President of Marketing & Communications, Association of Equipment Manufacturers
10. Lessons learned while doubling your sales
Session Leaders: John Fisher, CEO, Milwaukee Steel Rule Dies; Miles Guessford, Director of Business Development, Milwaukee Steel Rule Dies; Heather Nelson, Senior Vice President, Spring Bank
11. Foxconn Supplier Readiness & the Construction of a Regional Ecosystem
Session Leader: Todd McLees, Founder & Managing Partner, Pendio Group
12. Is your company culture by default or design?
Speaker: Bob McIntyre, Director, Service Operations, Insperity
13. Leveraging Federal Trade Resources to Increase U.S. Exports
Session Leader: Koreen Grube, Director for the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Commercial Service, based in Milwaukee, WI
- Thurssday, October 4, 2018
- 7:00 – 11:00 AM
- Generac Power Systems – Corporate Headquarters | S45W29290 Highway 59 Waukesha, WI 53189
Interested in sponsoring an event? To reap the benefits of the ultimate in-person marketing opportunity contact Linda Crawford, Director of Sales, to discuss opportunities. Event sponsorships are limited.