BizTimes Media was founded in 1995 and provides news and operational insights for the business leaders of companies in Southeastern Wisconsin through print publications, online resources (website and email marketing) and events featuring speakers, informational seminars and various networking opportunities.
BizTimes Media produces:
- BizTimes Milwaukee, a bi-weekly publication focusing on SE Wisconsin business news and information
- BizTimes.com, our award-winning online resource for up-to-date business
- BizTimes eNewsletters, daily and weekly industry specific email newsletters
- BizTimes Events — multiple annual events on various business related topics
- BizExpo — Wisconsin's premier business convention
- Custom publications and miscellaneous projects
BizTimes Media, Milwaukee’s leading locally owned news media company, is looking for a confident, self-motivated, and experienced account executive to sell print and online advertising, event sponsorships and other marketing services. An extensive knowledge of the Milwaukee market is preferred. The most competitive candidates will display a strong understanding of BizTimes Media’s unique brand of print and online readership. Prior media selling experience, particularly with online digital sales, is preferred. This is a terrific job for a highly motivated sales executive with hands-on sales experience.
The candidate will be responsible for advertising sales activities with new prospects, development of agency/client relations, preparing and presenting proposals, and closing business. Applicants should be confident, enthusiastic, self-disciplined and able to manage a high volume of activity.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 2-3 years of outside sales experience, and a track record of meeting/exceeding goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handling a diverse range of advertising sales activities.
- Calling and connecting with prospects to schedule in-person meetings.
- Analyzing client objectives; preparing and presenting advertising proposals that match client’s objectives.
- Developing agency and direct client relationships; building a solid client base.
- Ability to effectively close business and perform necessary follow-up to the sale.
- Attending community events, networking, etc.
- Candidates must possess initiative, be a quick study, organized, punctual, detail oriented, and able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Candidates must have an understanding of print and digital media as it relates to branding and BtoB sales support.
- Advanced time management skills within a deadline specific environment.
- Valid state driver’s license in good standing.
- College degree in business, marketing or communications preferred
Compensation: Compensation and bonus incentive package commensurate with experience. BizTimes Media also offers an attractive benefits package that includes medical, life insurance and 401K.
Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. In the subject line of your e-mail, be sure to state "Account Executive".
BizTimes Media is seeking a full-time Marketing Strategist with a keen knowledge of marketing, advertising and communications, responsible for the analytical and factual analysis of our products and market who will create and support strategic marketing plans designed to enhance our brand.
Marketing & Audience Development
- Write copy and provide creative direction for internal ad campaigns and promotions
- Collaborate with clients and designers to develop ads that support campaign goals and objectives
- Administer design and sales teams to meet production deadlines
- Build upon existing initiatives to strategically grow the BizTimes Media audiences for BizTimes.com, BizTimes eNewsletters, BizTimes Milwaukee magazine and BizTimes Events
- Run online advertising performance reports for client campaigns
- Track and examine Google Analytics for website traffic patterns and audience demographics
- Analyze statistics from survey results and audience demographics to create marketing profiles for BizTimes Media events and products
- Manage online advertising campaigns to ensure accurate fulfillment and billing
- Program online ads daily for BizTimes.com and BizTimes eNewsletters
- Comfortable with updating basic HTML content on website pages
- Be the main point of contact for all event sponsors to implement all details within a set deadline schedule
- Coordinate all details of sponsor videos
- Assist with onsite event set-up and coordination
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have a degree in marketing, advertising or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Interpersonal skills, excellent writing ability, experience in all social media applications and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, research and marketing statistics skills, be a proactive self-starter and able to work independently prioritizing projects within strict deadlines.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. BizTimes Media also offers an attractive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life insurance and 401K.
Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your e-mail, be sure to include "Marketing Strategist".